Athens, Ohio is a great place to live at any time of the year, but fall is always special.
So while you enjoy your home with its affordable Athens Rent, be sure to also get outside this fall. You won’t want to miss these tremendous opportunities.
With that in mind, here are the Top Five Items Not To Miss During Fall in Athens.
- Football – Football is everywhere in Athens in the fall. The Ohio University Bobcats have one of the best teams in the MAC. They also play in scenic Peden Stadium and feature the best marching band in the country. While saving money on your Athens, Ohio Rent, you can also purchase tickets to local high school and college games. You can also watch football on most fall days at the local establishments on Court Street in Uptown Athens.
- The Pawpaw Festival – Athens County boasts the best Pawpaw Festival anywhere, and you owe it to yourself to check it out. This festival celebrates the often overlooked fruit, and does it with great food, music and fun.
Halloween and Fall in Athens
- Halloween – The uptown Athens Halloween street party is one of the best Halloween parties in the nation. People visit from all across the region to dress up in costumes and take part in this annual event. The party features bands performing on the streets and costumes you have to see to believe.
- The Leaves – When the leaves change colors in the fall, the hills of Appalachia look magnificent. You will enjoy the color of the leaves in the city. You can also visit the local parks or go for a drive to see nature’s beauty at its finest.
- Homecoming – Homecoming in Athens is special. The parade is amazing. The football game is exciting. The town is packed with alumni and friends who return home. It’s one of the best weekends in the year, during one of the best seasons of the year. Don’t miss it.
Along with these Top 5 items, we also have a few honorable mentions of things not to miss:
Hiking in the state and local parks – Your Athens Ohio rental is close to several magnificent local, state and national parks. Fall afternoons are a perfect time to hike and enjoy the spectacular scenery.
Concerts on campus – Ohio University offers tremendous shows by students, and by traveling professional groups each fall.
Concerts in Uptown Athens – Every time of year is a great time of year for music in Uptown Athens, but fall shows are always extra fun.
Commencement – More than 1,000 students will receive their diplomas from Ohio University in December. Fall is a great time to graduate!
For more information on fall in Athens, or on renting the best apartments in Athens, contact our leasing agents today.